Monday, January 12, 2009

bring back cardigan weather

for some reason i can't bring myself to save money. when i actually did the last time i used it to go on that last trip across country again. whoops. my mom came home today to mildly lecture me and give me a million face kisses and squeezes like i am 3 years old. i told her i was using my next paycheck to buy art supplies and then she cocked her head to the side and gave me that patronizing "zanida, what did we talk about doing with your next paycheck?" so i was like " i don't know" and then she says " you promised you would put money away. blah blah blah. etc etc"
it's like really, zanida? you can't save money?
GROW UP.
yeah, i think i am going to be doing a lot of that this year. i mean seriously. i can't really expect to move forward, if i keep acting the way i do. it's sadly as simple as that.

today some guy called in and he told me some sob story over the phone. him and his wife registered at my store and then they had the room all ready to go and they were having twins and then the twins DIED. so they wanted to know if they could return all the stuff they bought. sooo i didnt really make much of it bc it was a random call and in retail you have to look out for certain things like that, plus i mean, i didnt really know what to say to that anyhow. i dont have any personal connection to you and i have never seen you face to face.
so i put him on with my manager and then when he came in he just looked AWFUL. naturally of course and then it all started to sink in how TERRIBLE it would be to lose BOTH children and then on top of that have to drive around all day and to a million different stores returning all of the stuff for your dead babies. DAMN. i honestly would not be able to do that. i would have to have someone else do that for me. he looked like he was about to burst into a million tears the entire time. wow. big hugs to that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment