Tuesday, January 13, 2009

moving forward

so i haven't exactly gotten to that part where i was supposed to do one important thing per day buuut the week isn't over yet so i guess i still have some time to get my act together.
so remember a couple of months ago when i was dead set on going to australia in '09? yeahhhhh.. i'm not so excited about that anymore. not that it is not a feasible thing in my life, it just seems as if ever since i mentioned it, it's like everyone and their mom is going and i just see everything about it EVERYWHERE. it has seriously lost its magic for me. im not saying that it wouldnt be totally friggin awesome to go snorkling in the great barrier, see the sydney opera house and hang out on the beach with hott aussies, but i just dont feel that awesomeness i had for it. technically it is the norm for me to change my mind about things a million years later but i guess it also has to do with lizzie being accepted to go to school there as well. and i am really excited for her and anyone else who wants to go as well but i dont want to hear from her all of the fab things she got to do bc she lived there for 5 months and then go there myself.
i feel like when i try to explain it it just sounds like a big jealousy thing, but i personally i feel it stems more from me feeling stuck. i just want to be the one to do something special no one has done and something exciting and not have have anyone beat me to the punchline. i feel like when i finally move onto the next chapter in my life, i want it to be for something great in my eyes and feel like i am not following in someone else's footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment